Member since Feb 23, 2012


Recent Comments

Re: “Letter to the Editor

Heather also leaves out the fact that every individual will be able to grow 6 plants of their own. That is a huge step forward that gives more freedom to everyone (actual human beings). Not only will we be able to grow a plant without fear, but all of the innocent people who have been violently locked up will have a chance at freedom, and the prison population will plummet. Screw capitalism and entrepreneurism, i want freedom.

3 likes, 2 dislikes
Posted by redxiii on 11/08/2016 at 11:31 AM

Re: “Semi-Nude Tucson PETA Activist Bares for the Naked Truth (NSFW)

it's "Mi Nidito" gosh

2 likes, 0 dislikes
Posted by redxiii on 12/22/2013 at 11:32 PM

Re: “The Pot Economy

um, since i personally know him i will tell you he does support removal of the 25 mile rule. however, just look at the law and what kind of preparation has to be done to open a dispensary. now consider trying to open five, and you will see why something like this isn't in the forefront of his dealings with the media.

baby steps and patience, mr. clark. first we have to start with a grandfather clause that allows those currently cultivating to continue cultivating, and we can work from there. that should be easy. if you look at the statistics from the state, nearly 25,000 individuals have requested to cultivate. that sort of wide-spread cultivation is not going to be easily quashed.

Ken isn't the only one who can make this happen either, so don't put all the burden on him just because he hasn't publicly stated support for it.

Posted by redxiii on 05/14/2012 at 1:03 PM

Re: “Let's Watch Martha Vazquez (Allegedly) Steal Some Stuff

I'm amazed that the security personnel just watch her for several minutes without doing anything. It's quite obvious she's trying to steal that jacket. Is it so hard for one of the security guards to go up to her and say, 'Hey, we see what you're trying to do.' as a gentle reminder?? Then this whole fiasco could have been avoided. Instead they just watch her and watch her and wait for the whole thing to blow up when she actually leaves the store. Pretty careless and non-compassionate if you ask me.

8 likes, 22 dislikes
Posted by redxiii on 03/18/2012 at 5:16 PM

Re: “Going Legit

I think it's a good idea. The MMJ industry is going to need all the help it can get, since obviously we don't have a legislature nor executive who respect the will of the voters.

2 likes, 0 dislikes
Posted by redxiii on 03/01/2012 at 9:40 AM

Re: “Stop This Mine

This just in:

In a Feb. 21 letter to Coronado National Forest Supervisor Jim Upchurch (…), EPA Region IX Administrator Jared Blumenfeld stated that the Draft Environmental Impact Statement for the proposed Rosemont mine was “environmentally unsatisfactory” because it provided “inadequate information” to the public and decision makers.

“The Draft EIS does not adequately assess the significant environmental impacts of the proposed project,” Blumenfeld stated.

As a result, EPA is requesting the Forest Service to prepare a supplemental draft EIS “prior to the issuance of any decision regarding the project.” A supplemental DEIS would be subject to public review and comments, a process that will extend the permitting process for many months, if not years.

As reported in the Green Valley News on Feb. 23rd, Carter Jessup, the EPA’s chief EIS reviewer on Rosemont, said the EPA’s Region 9 has previously given this low a rating to a DEIS or EIS four times since 1989. They review about 120 draft and final EIS’s per year.

9 likes, 2 dislikes
Posted by redxiii on 02/24/2012 at 8:39 PM

Re: “Stop This Mine

Of course Chris is reimbursed in some way, maybe not in cash, but probably gifts like food. Why can't he post one comment at a time? There is no way he voluntarily spends this much time posting the same PR gimmicky rubbish on all of the Tucson papers' forums. To see how absurd his "questions" are just try to answer them:
1. Do a Google search:… there are more than a score of states where copper is mined
2. Not sure why you are derailing this into a topic on manufacturing, this is about copper. Augusta is a Canadian company and will be selling our copper to China. AZ nor the USA benefits at all. 63% of our copper is mined locally (in the USA), the other 37% comes from Chile, Canada, Peru, and Mexico (source: wiki article)
3. Mining companies are not denied across-the-board to develop minerals, just this mine and this company.

36 likes, 3 dislikes
Posted by redxiii on 02/23/2012 at 12:22 AM

All Comments »

Favorite Places

  • None.
Find places »

Saved Events

  • Nada.
Find events »

Saved Stories

  • Nope.
Find stories »

Custom Lists

  • Zip.

© 2018 Tucson Weekly | 7225 Mona Lisa Rd. Ste. 125, Tucson AZ 85741 | (520) 797-4384 | Powered by Foundation