Police Dispatch



JULY 5, 12: 33 A.M.

A broken-up couple engaged in a heated custody battle over a dog, according to a Pima County Sheriff's Department report.

A woman reported that her ex-boyfriend had stolen her dog and possibly had a gun. A deputy located the man and a dog in a red Pontiac Grand Am driving down Oracle Road.

The man was clearly intoxicated, according to the report, and he immediately declared to a deputy that he was a convicted felon. A gun was seen in the car; however, it was later determined to be a pellet gun.

When asked why he had taken his ex-girlfriend's dog, the man said he'd been at her residence to visit their daughter, but his ex refused to let him see her, and threatened to call the police. When he tried to leave, he said, the dog ran up to his car, so he picked up the animal and drove away.

Deputies discovered that the dog, named Chance, was registered under the name of the man, who said he'd received the animal as payment for a tattoo. However, he admitted giving the dog to his now-ex when they lived together. (In addition, the ex-girlfriend said she'd once given the man money to obtain the dog from the pound, so the dog was hers.) Deputies were unable to determine who the dog's "real owner" was.

The man tried to bargain with the deputies, saying he'd return the dog if they let him go free. However, they refused, so the man said he'd keep the dog, before later recanting and saying his ex could have the dog.

When deputies called the woman and asked her to pick the dog up, they discovered she was also intoxicated. She sent her mother to get the animal—at which point the man again changed his mind and decided to keep the dog.

The man was cited for drunk driving, and was released with the dog.



JULY 2, 6:42 P.M.

A boy became violent when he was caught by an elder viewing pornography, a PCSD report stated.

Deputies went to a house, where the boy lived with his grandmother. He told them she'd seen him viewing pornography on the Internet and scolded him; he then "blew up." He admitted he began to scream and head-butt the walls, and then went outside and started throwing rocks at a nearby vehicle. He said he also broke a table.

The boy was taken to a group home.

Comments (0)

Add a comment

Add a Comment