Police Dispatch

Shocking Theft

River Road and La Cholla Boulevard, Jan. 5, 1:53 p.m.

A man who had asked to borrow a cellular phone shocked its owner with a Taser and drove off when he was asked to return it, a Pima County Sheriff's Department report stated.

The report said that the man, who was identified as "a friend of a friend," showed up at the complainant's house and asked to use his phone. He got it, and the man then stepped outside to talk.

The complainant said he asked for his phone back some time later. He alleged that the acquaintance took out a Taser, shocked him and then drove off.

The complainant reportedly called his cell phone, and the man said that he would bring it back later. However, when the phone's owner called again the next day, an unidentified man answered and said he had bought it for $50. He told the owner that if he wanted it back, he would have to fork over $50.

The man canceled his cell-phone service. There was no further information at the time of the report.

Condom Caper

Valencia Road and Interstate 10, Jan. 6, 12:11 p.m.

A girl allegedly put a used condom in a boy's lunchbox, a PCSD report said.

The boy said the girl had been chasing children around a bus stop with a condom on a stick while they were waiting for their school bus. His lunchbox was on the bench while this was going on, he said.

The girl reportedly told the boy to look in his lunchbox just before he boarded the school bus. He said that when he opened it, the condom fell onto the ground.

The boy reportedly left the condom on the ground, went to school and told a school administrator what had happened.

The mother told authorities that she went to the bus stop later that day and retrieved the condom and the stick.

There was no further information at the time of the report.

Not Even Saunas Are Safe

Magee and Thornydale Roads, Jan. 2, 4:49 p.m.

According to a PCSD report, a two-person sauna that a man had been refinishing was stolen from his front yard.

The man said he had been refinishing the redwood sauna for a while and that he left it in his front yard, because it was extremely heavy and bulky.

He told authorities that he left his residence at 11 a.m.; when he returned at noon, the sauna was gone.

There was no further information at the time of the report.

About The Author

Comments (0)

Add a comment

Add a Comment