The Tucson Improv Movement is trying to permanently relocate to Fourth Avenue, but they will need your help. Currently, TIM has been performing and training out the Red Barn Theater and shifted from various stages since the group’s inception in 2012. The improv group has a signed lease at 329 East Seventh Street next door to D & D Pinball.
Together, the TIM company members have the goal of being Tucson's premier longform improv theater. Longform improv originated in Chicago in the 1960s and 70s, most notably with Del Close's invention of the harold format. With longer scenes and deeper themes than shortform (like Who's Line Is It Anyway?), our audiences come to see a show where, as Del Close said, "we create a Theater of the Heart". Today long form improv comedy is performed at the world's most famous improv theaters in New York, Chicago, and Los Angeles, and TIM is working to bring this style of improv to the Old Pueblo!TIM has launched a Kickstarter to raise $10,000 to convert the warehouse into a theater:
• Purchase the raw materials needed to build out our stage, DJ/Tech booth, entrance, bathrooms and moreDepending on the pledge amount, donors will be rewarded with TIM shirts, stickers, posters, tickets for events and their name on the TIM Comedy Theater Wall of Donors Plaque.
• Put in professional lighting and sound systems for our stage
• Modify our walls with a professional contractor to soundproof and isolate our new theater space
• Purchase and install video screens for the stage to have state-of-the-art interactive show pieces
• Purchase seating and paint to clean and upgrade the theater space for the perfect audience experience
Depending on the pledge amount, donors will be rewarded with TIM shirts, stickers, posters, tickets for events and their name on the TIM Comedy Theater Wall of Donors Plaque.
TIM currently performs weekly at 5 p.m., Saturdays, at the Red Barn Theater, 948 N Main Ave. Tickets are $5 at the door, and $3 for students and military.
Click here to support their Kickstarter and here to like their Facebook page for more information.