Police Dispatch



OCT. 14, 12:07 P.M.

A supposed psychic convinced a man he would inherit a large sum of money from a foreign prince, according to a Pima County Sheriff's Department report.

Speaking by phone with a deputy, the man said he'd been informed by a psychic from India named Annabelle that he would soon inherit a great deal of money. Specifically, a prince had died in India five years ago and had left him a $75,000 check, as well as $3.5 million in cash. He had reportedly received a call from a customs agent named Bradley at the Tucson International Airport, who said he was holding the money and counting it.

When the man called the airport, he said, he was informed that no customs officer named Bradley worked there.

Besides paying a $30 fee for readings from Annabele, the man said, he had once been instructed to send her $750 via Western Union to an undisclosed location—but he hadn't done that, because both Western Union and his bank advised against it.

Asked if he thought the promise might be a scam, the man said he "believed the readings of Annabelle." He said he called the Sheriff's Department to ask if he should go to the airport to collect his "gift."

The deputy told him that until he got confirmation that the money was at the airport, he should "sit tight."



OCT. 13, 4:31 P.M.

A man openly admitted to extreme intoxication when pulled over, a PCSD report said.

A deputy was dispatched to a call about a husband and wife who were both detoxing, apparently from alcohol. According to the caller, the wife had recently been taken to the hospital (because of her detoxing, it seems), and the caller was concerned that the husband would drive to the hospital after her—even though he wasn't in a state fit for driving.

The husband was found starting to drive a blue Subaru toward the hospital. The husband, who smelled strongly of alcohol, told deputies that he and his wife were "binge-drinkers." He said he normally drank nine or 10 beers per day, and that he had just finished one.

The man was subjected to multiple field sobriety tests, all of which he evidently did poorly on.

He was read his rights and asked if he would submit to a blood test. He agreed to the blood test, but said he really didn't need one, because he was "drunk, drunk, drunk."

The man was cited and released for driving under the influence.