In the face of 110+ degree heat expected throughout the week, the City of Tucson has opened six air-conditioned cooling centers across town, one in each ward.
The centers will be open from noon to 6 p.m. through Friday. The City also plans to reopen them if more days reach 110 degrees. All are welcome, masks are strongly encouraged.
- Ward 1: El Rio Center, 1390 W. Speedway Blvd.
- Ward 2: Udall Sr. Center, 7200 E. Tanque Verde Road
- Ward 3: Donna Liggins, 2160 N. Sixth Ave.
- Ward 4: Clements, 8155 E. Poinciana Drive
- Ward 5: El Pueblo, Building 9, 101 W. Irvington Road
- Ward 6: Randolph Center, 200 S. Alvernon Way
Additionally, the Tucson Pima Collaboration to End Homelessness has also compiled a list of additional cooling stations and locations for water and supplies.