Grijalva Posts Contact Info for American Citizens in Egypt

Posted on U.S. Congressman Raul Grijalva's website is information on how to touch base with American citizens in Egypt:

The State Department has ordered the departure of non-emergency U.S. Government personnel and dependents from Egypt. (Previously they were authorized to depart.) The press statement on this is pasted below. No new warden message or public service announcement was issued overnight. Please continue to see the information on Egypt at for the latest.

As a reminder, the Egypt task force is up and running. For inquiries about American citizens, please use our dedicated e-mail address at or call 202 647-7004 (not for the public). Public inquiries can be directed to or 1-888-407-4747.

For non-consular issues, you can reach the legislative affairs representative on the task force at (please start the subject line with “For Legislative Affairs”) or 202-647-6611, and ask for the H representative.