Join coaches, researchers, dietitians, athletes and educators to learn about practical sports nutrition tips and evidence-based sports and fitness nutrition practices.
The conference will include hands-on workshops on topics ranging from the role of body composition in athletic performance, to spotting and treating eating disorders, to meal planning strategies for athletes.
This conference is designed for healthcare providers including registered dietitians and nutrition professionals, cooperative extension faculty, strength conditioning coaches, professional trainers, tactical strength and conditioning professionals, physical activity researchers and educators and club sport, high school, and collegiate coaches, athletes, and trainers with an interest in sports nutrition.
The daylong conference will also feature two separate breakout sessions where participants can choose two activities from making smoothies for pre-workout and post-workout situations, making CHAMP bars, assessing body composition, touring the McKale Olympic weight room, touring the Lowell-Stevens Football Facility and hearing world class speakers. These sessions are chosen at registration on a first come, first serve basis.
Registration is $150 for professionals and $75 for students (with code). To verify your enrollment status and receive the code, you must contact Theresa Spicer at email@example.com or 520-621-7126.
- Monica Laudermilk, PhD, Senior Director, Research, EXOS
- Amanda Carlson-Phillips, MS, RD, CSSD, VP Nutrition and research, EXOS
- Amy Athey PsyD, Director of Clinical and Sports Psychology Services, The University of Arizona
- Scott Going, PhD, Nutrition and Exercise Physiology, The University of Arizona
- Riley Nickols, PhD, Counseling and Sport Psychology, Director of the Victory Program
- Alicia Kendig, MS, RD, CSSD, Senior Sports Dietitian, United States Olympic Committee (USOC)
- UA Coaches and athletes will host a panel discussion