Police Dispatch

Tipping Tussle

Sunrise Drive and Kolb Road, Dec. 10, 11:32 p.m.

Authorities arrested a man who allegedly punched another man because he failed to tip a bartender, a Pima County Sheriff's Department report said.

The alleged victim said the bartender at Loews Ventana Canyon Resort, 7000 N. Resort Drive, couldn't give him $5 in change from a $10 tip, so he walked off. He said a tall, heavyset man, later identified as Enrique C. Lopez, told him that he was "a fucking cheapskate."

The two reportedly exchanged words, and at least two witnesses said Lopez then hit the man in the face.

A bartender followed Lopez into the resort lobby, where he said Lopez vomited, then walked out of the building.

Deputies arrested Lopez, who they said was quite belligerent, a short time later. They transported him to Pima County Adult Detention Center and booked him on charges of assault, disorderly conduct and resisting arrest.

Hit And Run

UA Area, Dec. 20, 11:30 a.m.

A jogger ran into a car as its driver was pulling into a roadway, a University of Arizona Police Department report said.

The driver told police she was pulling out of a parking lot at 540 N. Vine Ave. when a white man ran into the driver's side of her vehicle and fell over. She said he bent her side mirror

According to the report, the man stood up and began jogging again. It was unknown if he had any injuries, the report said.

The Exasperated Dentist

Green Valley, Dec. 5, 1:44 p.m.

A dentist allegedly walked out on a girl who was crying and threatened to leave her with a half-finished filling, a PCSD report stated.

The girl's mother said her daughter began crying after the dentist gave her a shot in the gums. According to the mother, the dentist repeatedly told her daughter to "shut up and stop crying" or he was going to walk out of the room. The mother also alleged that the dentist repeatedly flicked his finger in her daughter's face and jabbed instruments in her mouth.

When the girl didn't stop crying, he reportedly left--leaving the girl with a half-finished filling. After a while, he returned and completed the procedure as the girl cried.

The mother's insurance company advised her to contact authorities about the incident. After some investigation, deputies decided there wasn't probable cause to charge the dentist with assault.