If you haven’t heard yet, 2020 events have pretty much all been canceled for the foreseeable future. Whether the response to the spread of COVID-19 is in haste or justified, people are now left wondering, “What is there to do, now?” Well, there’s one option that people have used for decades when they tire of the public, and that’s video games.
Here are just a few video games that you might want to check out if you’re bored at home and have nothing else to do:
‘Harvest Moon’ Series
- This is a great game to settle into if you’ve never really played games before. You play as a farmer that has to rebuild a farm. Its cute graphics will make you forget how hard running a farm or ranch really is while still teaching you life skills like happy cows make golden milk. Plus, none of the yearly festivals are canceled!
- You may not be able to attend parties in real life, but nothing is stopping your Sim! Create your sims to your liking and have them do your bidding. You have ultimate control in this game.
- If you ever wanted to see what it would be like to slowly go mad and starve to death while in an insane world, then this is the game for you. You’ll have to collect everything from sticks and twigs to gold and beard shavings if you want to make it past a night or two. Build machines to tell you the weather, help you fight off visions, or tame pig men.
- If you’re wondering what an extended quarantine might be like, then ‘Fallout’ could be your best bet. Experience the world after a nuclear war. Imagine the possibilities!
‘Left 4 Dead’
- After humanity falls to a zombie virus that’s in all of us, some carriers are left behind as the only humans left. Fight off the horde to get to a safe place while learning some combat tactics along the way. Don’t alert the witch!
‘The Last of Us’
- A mutated strain of Cordyceps fungus ravages the US and turns people into walking nightmares reminiscent of zombies. There’s some heavy storyline regarding people who are infected.
‘Resident Evil’ Series
- After a genetically modified virus has been unleashed, people turn into horrific zombies and other mutated creatures that you must get rid of. Oh, and you have to battle against the evil Umbrella corporation that created the virus in the first place.
- It’s a really good time-waster.