As the deadline to vote
is less than a week away, it's time to let us know who, what, and where you think is the Best of Tucson.
Our annual competition that determines the best yoga studios, dog parks, video game stores, donuts and drag queens is coming to a close on Sunday, June 17. So take a break from your Father's Day celebrations (also this Sunday, don't forget!) and let your voice be heard about your favorite things that make Tucson great.
There are two rounds of voting for Best of Tucson, the first of which is ending Sunday. This first round is your opportunity to nominate whoever and wherever you want for each category. After this round closes, we will determine the top five spots to be voted on again for the winner.
Before you get too excited about all these choices, there are a few rules to follow:
1. One ballot per person. We are checking IP addresses, so no trying to be sneaky!
2. Ballots must have your full name and email address or phone number. If they don't have this information, the ballots will be thrown out and your votes lost. The provided emails and phone numbers will be used ONLY for ballot-verificaiton purposes. Fake emails or phone numbers will result in thrown out ballots. Don't do it!
3. In order for your votes to count, you must vote in at least 30 categories. Don't have an opinion on 30 categories? Sounds like you need to get out and about in Tucson!
4. If you truly have no opinion in a category, please LEAVE IT BLANK.
5. Ballot-box stuffing is not aloud. You can do simple campaigning such as putting up a sign or linking our website to yours, but anything beyond that is forbidden and may result in disqualification. Any business or entry may be disqualified at the discretion of the editor. If you have questions or a tip about ballot-box stuffing, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!
6. Please only vote for LOCAL institutions. Here at Tucson Local Media and the Tucson Weekly, we like to celebrate Tucson! Vote for your favorite mom 'n pop joints but not for any national chains. Votes for national chains will not be counted.
Having trouble logging in?
If you've ever voted for something on our website before, you have to type your name the exact same way you did the first time, or the system will not let you vote. Maybe last year you didn't capitalize your first name? Or perhaps you left off your last name? If you can't figure it out, please email our Web Editor Tirion Morris (email@example.com) and she'll set you straight.