On Saturday, June 27, Splash is hitting La Encantada to present a night full of fashion designers, community art projects and a grip of food and drink samples for attendees. This year, the Southern Arizona Arts and Culture Alliance will be featuring 20 local restaurants that will offer up tastes of many different cuisines, some offering colorful cocktail pairings. There will also be eight different brewers serving up drinks to keep attendees interested while browsing the many different pieces of art on auction at the event.
Here are some of the dishes you can look forward to:
- Catering Internacional: Tacos de cochinita pibil (pork shoulder slow roasted in achiote chile with citrus and amber beer)
- Ermanos Craft Beer & Wine Bar: Variations of beets from Crooked Sky Farms, purple sage sand and fresh oranges.
- Kalina Russian Cuisine and Tea House: Oreshek, a Russian walnut cookie with sweet condensed milk, with Kagor Bostavan, a semi-sweet Moldovan wine
- North Italia: Bruschetta with tomato and housemade ricotta and a Tuscan kale salad with crispy pancetta, charred grape, apple, pistachio, breadcrumb, parmesan vinaigrette and with a Cosmopolitan
- Ra Sushi Bar: Spicy tuna tartare mixed with cucumber, avocado and fresh salsa, served with wonton chips and a strawberry lemonade
- Reforma Cocina Y Cantina: Spicy fruit pico with mango, melon, seasonal berries, jicama, cilantro and salsa bufalo
- Root 52: Southern gumbo with andouille sausage and two-day marinated jerk chicken
- Sonya's Brown Sugar Bakery: Mesquite and vanilla bean cake with prickly pear cream cheese and lavender buttercream frosting
While that's only a handful of the food offerings at Splash, know that the event will showcase bright wearable art from Lululemon, White House Black Market, Blue Mercury, XCVI, Lucky Brand Jeans and Kendra Scott. A participatory community art project, adoptable dogs from the Humane Society and a DJ will keep crowds entertained and engaged while a silent auction will offer up the opportunity to bid on different local goods and services.
All of that takes place at La Encantada, located at 2905 E. Skyline Dr., beginning at 6 p.m. on June 27. Tickets are available online in advance
for $35 or for $45 at the door if there are tickets still available. The proceeds for the whole event, including the silent auction, go to support SAACA’s Therapeutic Arts programming for Veterans in Southern Arizona.