How do you start planning for your outdoor living spaces and enhance them so they are a joy?
- Marylee, The Contained Gardener
- Shady Front Door Corner - Winter Planting
Start close and work your way out:
• At the front door — Do you want to see color and interest when you or your guests first approach your home?
• Outside a patio door or window — Do you have a view from your favorite sitting position that you want more impact?
• A prominent but “dead” corner — Is there a spot that just screams for something living; a spot of color and your eye is drawn to it every time you step outside?
Each of these ideas can be handled well with pots and living art! Be sure to get the biggest pot or set of pots that fits the area. Get out your tape measure and check the size you need. Then head out to your favorite pottery store. Be sure to check their website for coupons!
Check back next week for the next step!