Monday, April 11, 2011

Detroit Applebee's Needs to Work on Their Carding Policy

Posted By on Mon, Apr 11, 2011 at 10:40 AM

I get it, kids in restaurants are generally a pain, probably especially for the waiters, but slipping a toddler a margarita isn't exactly the best way to handle it.

Police are investigating after a toddler was mistakenly given an alcoholic beverage at an Applebee’s.

It happened Friday around 4:30p.m. at the restaurant on 14 Mile Road in Madison Heights.

Fifteen-month-old Dominic Dill-Reese’s mother ordered him a kid’s meal and asked for apple juice as the beverage.

His mother began to get suspicious moments after he started drinking it. “We took it from him and he kind of laid his head on the table,” said Taylor Dill-Reese. “He dozed off a little bit and woke up and got real happy.” Dill-Reese also said Dominic refused to eat when his food arrived.

Before leaving, Dill-Reese tasted the toddler’s drink and got a big surprise. Instead of apple juice, alcoholic margarita mix was in his cup. “The manager came up to me and he smelled it and he was like, ‘I am so sorry ma’am, I just don’t know what to do,’” said Dill-Reese.

She demanded the manager do something. Madison Heights police was called to investigate the incident and the boy was taken to the hospital.

[HT: GQ]

Tags: , ,

About The Author

Comments (0)

Add a comment

Add a Comment

Tucson Weekly

Best of Tucson Weekly

Tucson Weekly