Friday, March 25, 2011
The second annual Festival en el Barrio Viejo is tomorrow afternoon! Here are a few key bits of info we thought you should know before you venture into the Barrio.
• UA BASKETBALL FANS: Don't worry about missing the game! We will have a large tent with a 10' by 14' HD screen if you want to watch the Cats whoop up on UConn. The tent will be at the edge of the festival grounds, so if you prefer to just enjoy the music you can do so without distraction. Basically, if you're a fan, it will be an awesome place to watch the game, and if you are not interested, we are taking great pains to keep it out of your hair. FEEBV is a music festival, after all.
• Parking is available at TCC, at NO CHARGE (Thanks to the TCC!). Please avoid parking in the neighborhood.
• Kids 10 and under are FREE with a paid adult. We will have a KIDS ZONE with a jumping castle, plus balloon animals and mimes and treats for your tot's enjoyment!
• There will be MORE food vendors this year! Save your appetite for burgers, Mexican food, pizza, roasted corn, soul food, hotdogs, lemonade, coffee, crepes, kettle corn, ice cream and more!
• There will be MORE SHADE, MORE SEATING, MORE CRAFTS and MORE TREATS!
• Please leave your outside food/beverage, chairs, blankets, pets (including wombats) and weapons (including nunchaku) at home.
• Bottom line is that this is going to be the best place in town to watch the Cats amongst 3,000 of your friends and neighbors, all while enjoying an incredible lineup of local and national musical talent. DON'T MISS IT! If you do, you might regret it, and it's always better to regret things you have done than things you haven't.