Tuesday, March 2, 2010
Chef Ryan Clark of the restaurant at Lodge on the Desert says the eatery is open for business after a kitchen fire temporarily closed it last week.
The fire broke out early Friday morning and caused $100,000 in damage before firefighters brought it under control. Clark said it took the staff about two days to get restaurant operations back up and running.
A state-of-the-art mobile kitchen has been set up, and a limited menu is available for breakfast, lunch and dinner. A banquet room has been outfitted as a dining area, and a library serves as a bar. Clark said a scheduled unveling of the restaurant's new on-tap wine system went as scheduled on Friday evening, although the 10 people who showed up had to enjoy their wine by candlelight because the electricity was still out as a result of the blaze.
“It’s unfortunate that we’ve done so well to get this far and now have this little bump in the road,” Clark said. “We’re going to get through this and it’s only going to make us stronger in the end.”