University Area May 14, 1:53 a.m.
A man toying with gasoline set his fraternity-house bedroom ablaze, according to a report from the University of Arizona Police Department.
The man said he had been using a rented chainsaw to "cut down his wooden bed." There was no indication in the report what, exactly, that process entailed.
The man told officers he had gasoline left over afterward, so he poured it from the rental container into a water bottle he had purchased from 7-Eleven.
Shortly after returning to his room from a night of drinking, the man said he wondered what it would be like to light some of the gasoline on fire. He said he ignited about a finger's worth in a 5-gallon, plastic container.
Another fraternity resident was walking by the man's door when the 8-inch flames erupted from the container. Reacting instantly, the resident reportedly took the bottle containing the gasoline and, thinking it was water, poured it on the fire to put it out. When flames started traveling up the stream, the resident threw the bottle.
The man said he tried to extinguish the blaze by placing a plastic wading pool over it. Instead, the pool caught fire.
The flames continued to grow until the resident returned with an extinguisher and was able to put most of it out.
Police cited the man for reckless burning. He said he was "immature and that it was a stupid thing to do," according to the report.
East Drexel Road and South Alvernon Way, May 4, 1:36 p.m.
A female student alleged that a male peer rubbed a condom in her face, a Pima County Sheriff's Department report stated.
The report said a group of students found the partially unwrapped condom in a field behind a school.
The girl also said the boy tried to put the condom down her blouse, but the boy denied it.
School officials contacted both students' parents, the report said.
Tipsy and Minty Fresh
East Snyder Road and North Sabino Canyon Road, May 4, 1:46 p.m.
According to a PCSD report, a deputy gave a breath test to a teenage boy who drank four large gulps of mouthwash at school.
The teenager failed the test, with a blood alcohol concentration of 0.142 percent, the report said.
A deputy cited him for being a minor in possession of spirituous liquor.