1. Palomino, Appaloosa, Shetland
2. 64. Each number is the cube of the sequence 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6.
4. 4mph. The first three miles take an hour; the second three miles take half an hour. She spends one and a half hours running six miles.
5. 12. 6,000/5=1,200; 1,200/5=240; 240/2=120; 120/10=12.
6. 10. Each syllable in the month's name is worth 5.
7. The last one--glove. The others are edible (pineapple, banana, orange, peach).
8. C. dogwood (the first letter in each word follows the alphabet).
Count the number of correct answers.
9-10: Good Mensa material. Try to join.
7-8: You may not be as smart as the guy who wrote the test, but there's a good chance you could infiltrate Mensa anyway.
5-6: A reasonable try; if you learned a thing or two from Dennis Miller's Monday Night Football commentary, you might squeak into Mensa.
Below 5: Maybe you should join a bowling league.