At this point I would rather do my own research. There, I'm done.
Replace Foster and Juarez. Nothing ugly about it. Except for the lies that have been tossed around.
You ought to be reality based if you expect to get the best outcomes for your children. The reality is, other commenters have mentioned, no favors closing schools. However, the bleeding hasn't stopped for TUSD, it has only slowed. TUSD is still shrinking about a school a year with no end in sight. Carefully synchronizing school closures with retirements at the principal level to keep the trauma of leadership changes to a minimum is the way to go. The only way to end the bleeding is getting those excellent ratings up from the low 30's into the 70's - then, you could open some of these closed schools and help make Tucson an economic magnet.
The book of the same title is also a delight. I look forward to seeing this.
Fucking awesome. I wanted so much to go to this show, but Blofeld foiled my plans...again.
I really want to see this.
Betts' Jewish Problem remains. While has done many good things, she has also:
1. Publically endorsed a campaign with Holocaust-denier/Holocaust-minimizer Norman Finkelstein, the author who used his parent's survival in the Nazi Holocaust to develop the idea of a Jewish-controlled "Holocaust Industry", which David Duke regularly promotes.
"Whereas hard-core deniers posit that the Holocaust is fiction...Finkelstein accepts that the mass murders did occur, but then joins the deniers in claims that Jews are collectively abusing this history for evil purposes." - Jewish Virtual Library
2. Participated in an event using the IPMN "Steadfast Hope" curriculum. Dexter Van Zile from Committee for Accuracy in Middle East Reporting in America (CAMERA) reported extensively on the "Steadfast Hope Curriculum" as full of lies, and supportive of terror. The JCPA (nationwide umbrella organization for bi-partisan Jewish Community Relations Councils) condemned the IPMN as antisemitic. The JCPA's Ethan Felson conducted a training in Tucson showing the IPMN to regularly invoke racist, antisemitic, tropes, including attacks on President Obama as a "tool of the Jews".
3. Publically expressed solidarity with John Mearsheimer and Stephen Walt, authors who allege that the US government is controlled by pro-Israel lobbyists.
4. Picketed The Jewish Festival at the Tucson Jewish Community Center, demonizing Jews and Israel and frightening preschool children. (I was the staff photographer who took photos of her picketing.)
5. Self-identified as a member of Women In Black, an organization that is viewed by many as crossing the line between being anti-occupation and demonizing Israel and holding Israel disproportionately responsible for the conflict.
I hope after Foster and Juarez are defeated in the upcoming elections "Guardians" will hang up her dream catcher and retire from these comment streams.
It is astounding the persistence, over the course of three years, of such a naive understanding of the district. Juarez, Foster, and Sanchez could do ANYTHING and she would not stop promoting them.
Bulletin from the real world, Guardians: they lied about enrollment figures in 2014. They are no doubt lying about enrollment figures in 2016. That's the sort of thing people who do not believe they have any obligation to tell the public the truth do: when it benefits them, they give false information.
There is NO WAY that the enrollment declines have stopped. Anyone who has lived in the reality of what has ACTUALLY been going on in TUSD schools for the last three years (instead of in Dream Catcher Land) knows that the message that enrollment declines have finally stopped under Sanchez's leadership is a bold-faced LIE.
We need leaders on this Board who are willing to accept responsibility for telling the public and parents with children enrolled in these schools the TRUTH. It is a necessary pre-condition for any kind of constructive improvement in the district's operations, and a necessary pre-condition for running a successful bond campaign. The electorate is not stupid: it will not vote more funding into the hands of chronic liars.
Thank you David. I am so glad TUSD has stopped the trend of students' leaving and are holding steady in their enrollment. We need candidates who look forward to continual improvement of TUSD for the students benefit rather than those who really want to see TUSD closed. That is the bottom line. Vote for Cam Juarez and Kristel Foster.
Thank you David. I am so glad TUSD has stopped the trend of student's leaving and are holding steady in their enrollment. We need candidates who look forward to continual improvement rather than those who really want to see TUSD closed. That is the bottom line. Vote for Cam Juarez and Kristel Foster.
Rachael Sedgwick - "Whoever is putting out the signs..."
If you're that naive you haven't got what it takes to take on the Grijalva's. And if you know and just won't say it, even worse.
Tucson Weekly |
7225 Mona Lisa Rd. Ste. 125, Tucson AZ 85741 |
(520) 797-4384 |
Powered by Foundation