The votes have been counted, and Downtown Tucson bested all in "Tucson's Top 10 Neighborhoods Renters Love Most," according to an article posted today on The Huffington Post. "Downtown Tucson is where Southwestern culture meets modern amenities." The urban hub is described as the "perfect neighborhood for the culture vulture — music, museums, restaurants and shops are everywhere you look," and was cited for its effort to weave Tucson's history as a functional part of the city's current day-to-day activities.
Before you get too excited or defensive by this Top 10 Neighborhoods list, keep in mind it was based on searches on the ApartmentGuide.com website. That said, here's the ranking, which technically are areas of town, not neighborhoods:
1. Downtown Tucson
2. Central Tucson
3. Northwest Tucson
4. Catalina Foothills
6. University of Arizona Campus
8. Starr Pass
9. Broadway/Pantano East
10. South Tucson
Here's a rundown of the article's specific mentions for each area of town.
2. Central Tucson: The classic Broadway Village Shopping Center, Central Tucson Gallery Association and its First Saturdays art walk (though on hiatus during July/August), and the Third Street/University Bicycle Boulevard.
3. Northwest Tucson Uh, Mansfield Park is mentioned. That's about it. I guess the people who live up on Oracle Rd., Orange Grove and Ina use another site? Or maybe just those free booklets you pick up in the front of Circle K's and grocery stores?
4. Catalina Foothills: So many hiking/search-and-rescue opportunities, including Sabino Canyon, Bear Canyon, Pima Canyon and Ventana Canyon. DeGrazia Gallery in the Sun and Tanque Verde's restaurant row get plugs.
5. Eastside: Uh, Case Park. Help HuffPo out in the comments.
6. University of Arizona Campus: I think you can guess where this one is going...
7. Winterhaven: Someone decided to make this "Winter Haven," which is probably the copy editor's fault. Predictably mentions the annual Festival of Lights and its retirees.
8. Starr Pass: "Hotspot for cyclists," with great views, including Tucson Mountain Park, Saguaro National Park, great resorts, including JW Marriott Resort & Spa. Doesn't exactly help keep the rent down.
What are some of the glaring neighborhood highlights that Atlanta resident and author Courtney Craig missed in this article? Please let us know in the comments.
Butterfly Magic is a fully immersive experience that surrounds you with rare butterflies, tropical plants and orchids… More