You may have noticed that rapper/clothing designer/sire-to-Kardashian-hellspawn Kanye West is, from time to time, a tremendous asshole.
While his previous feuds could be understood to an extent (I mean, I guess; I'm not sure George Bush hated black people so much as he wasn't very good at crisis management), his latest smacks of a businessman who doesn't understand that he needs to handle his business in private.
During a podcast with Bret Easton Ellis, writer of American Psycho
, West talked about a recent tour he took at the Las Vegas headquarters of Zappos, given by Zappos CEO Tony Hseih himself.
"I got into this giant argument with the head of Zappos that he's trying to tell me what I need to focus on. Meanwhile, he sells all this s—t product to everybody, his whole thing is based off of selling s—t product," West stated.
Speaking of shit products, I would like to note that West is still
charging $120 for a plain damn T-shirt
Now, while West being a douche isn't exactly news in and of itself, Zappos' response is brilliant. The shoe retailing giant has decided to fire back at West by literally selling a Shit Product
Zappos' informative copy underneath is perfectly pitched, as is the accompanying video (which I would have embedded here, had the embed code not turned out something oddly sized and funky):
- Interested in buying sh-t product? You've come to the right place! Here at Zappos.com, we happily sell sh-t products to everybody! This is the throne, everyone has been watching. Whether you're #1 or #2, your clique will show no mercy, even in Paris.
- The perfect gift for the man that has everything
- Requires lots of "focus" for most productive use.
- Considered a "safety zone" when in arguments.
- Makes giant arguments seem much smaller.
- Caution: Do not place our Sh-t product near any fans.
- Avoid storms.
No word yet on a response from West, though if I remember his M.O. correctly, he'll bitch about it for a while drop a diss in his next album, two years from now.