As you might have figured would happen, the Randy Travis show at the Fox Theatre, scheduled for August 26, has been cancelled.
Travis, if you recall, has been in recovery from brain surgery intended to relieve pressure caused by a stroke suffered earlier this month.
From ABC News:
“As a result of his heart condition, acutely, and the stroke, he was put on a ventilator to help him breathe during his hospitalization. He remains on that, but we are decreasing that support daily,” Dr. Gary Erwin said. “He is breathing spontaneously with the help of the ventilator and hope to have him weaned off of that very soon breathing completely on his own.”
Erwin added that Travis responded well to the surgical procedure he had to relieve the pressure in his brain caused by his stroke. “He is awake and alert, interacting with his family and friends and beginning to start doing some early physical therapy,” he said.
No word from the Fox on refunds, but I'd be absolutely shocked if they didn't get something started by the time they return from summer break on July 30, if not sooner.
Charles Harbutt, Departures and Arrivals continues through Sunday, Jan. 26. Visitors may examine unframed photographs chosen around… More