Pima Community College has been without a chancellor since June 30, when Roy Flores stepped down from his position as a result of health concerns. Interm Chancellor Suzanne Miles has taken over in his absence, though she withdrew herself from permanent consideration; that happened not long after a Board of Governors meeting in which it was decided that PCC would opt for a national search over simply appointing Miles to fill the position permanently.
Today, PCC released a list of the 31 members of the Search Advisory Committee, who will be searching for the college's next chancellor.
From the PCC press release:
“We have broad representation across the community, we have included representatives of both the public sector and the private sector, and we have included our critics as well,” Board Chairman Scott Stewart said.
Mr. Stewart noted that a majority of the committee comes from outside PCC. “The people of Pima County help fund the College with their tax dollars,” he said. “It is crucial that their voices be heard loudly and clearly as we select an individual who’ll set the College’s direction for years to come.”
To see the press release for yourself, head over to pima.edu.
The list of the committee members can be found below the jump.
- Larry Anderson, Fire Chief, City of South Tucson; Emergency Management instructor
- Linda Arzoumanian, Pima County School Superintendent
- Brenda Beckman, Past PCC President/CEO
- David Clark, AFSCME; Facilities
- Nicholas Clement, Superintendent, Flowing Wells Unified School District; PC Collaborative
- Scott Collins, PCCEA; Math faculty
- Meg Cota, Principal, Mission View Elementary School
- Cecilia Cruz Baldenegro, C-FAIRR
- Kimlisa Duchicela, Faculty Senate, History
- Brenda Even, PCC Board Member (co-chair)
- Mary Beth Ginter, Dean of Business, Computers, World Languages, Social & Behavioral Sciences, Fitness & Sports Sciences
- Carol Gorsuch, Pima Open Admissions Coalition; retired PCC administrator
- Julie Hecimovich, ACES; Electronic Graphic Designer
- Javier Herrera, LULAC; Metropolitan Education Commission
- Henry Koffler, Former UA president
- Yvonne Levenson, Engineer, Raytheon; former counselor; former PCC tech faculty
- David Longoria, PCC Governing Board (co-chair)
- Patti Lopez, retired TUSD administrator, educator
- Ken Marcus, Pima Association of Taxpayers; Executive Director, UA Science and Technology Park
- Lea Marquez-Peterson, President/CEO, Tucson Hispanic Chamber of Commerce
- Keith McIntosh, Vice Chancellor for Information Technology
- Mary Mitchell, Adjunct Faculty, Writing
- Christopher Nagata, Policy Advisor, Pima County Health Department
- Ned Norris, Chairman, Tohono O’Odham Nation
- Kimberly Prouse, Current PCC student; buyer/planner, Sargent Aerospace & Defense
- Sofia Ramos, Former PCC/UA; leadership counseling
- Norm Rebenstorf, PCC Foundation, immediate past chair
- Shirley Scott, City Council, Ward 4
- Roman Soltero, Principal, Tully Elementary School
- Wendy Turner, Staff Council; Grants Office
- Bill Ward, Assistant Vice Chancellor for Facilities